Contemplating.

Contemplating.
Wayzata, Minnesota

Saturday, January 6, 2018

Dear Edmund Critters and Other Stuff

Just sharing some fun stuff 
and 


Welcome to Words for Wednesday




I am truly thankful that the herd of deer that crossed my path early yesterday morning while driving to work didn't end in any tragic events! Lots and lots of honking though! 

SATURDAY'S CRITTERS



Celebrating stuffed critters.
and


naturally live critters.


and those lovely critters carved from wood.

Words for Wednesday (in italic) begins like this,

Dear Edmund(isn't my ancient typewriter pleasurable?) My sweet niece elected an Elvis celebration once spring replaces our snow although since your New Year's resolution included a trip abroad, we shall all meet this summer at the Army Museum, such a grandeur sarcophagus in Paris, France and many more at the Louvre in Paris and here, it shall be a a gathering of golden moments.


Now for the other stuff.

Ice Skating Lessons for Lyra a Minnesota born, and transported to Alabama girl way too early, that she never got to learn how to ice skate.  Until this week with her Uncle Gary.



First, proper winter weather wear! 
Lyra looks a bit apprehensive doesn't she?

"Success is what we get when we 
take fear, face it and replace it."



A long time ice skater, Karina ready to show her cousin,
 Lyra some ice skating techniques.




The teachers, Karina and Uncle Gary.





But! More importantly the ice-teaching-chair!



Oh yes, now it makes sense!




The adventure continues, even if it is extremely late and
 did someone mention how far below zero it is?
We don't want to know. 




The late evening skaters! 

Bravo, it was a total success! 




If you do I promise all the stress and woes of any given day
your joyful adventures will wash it all away.

Thanks for stopping by
take good care of you!



13 comments:

21 Wits said...

Edmund of course was one of the twelve word given us, but doesn't just the sound of his name require more of a continued adventure? I think maybe he does.

eileeninmd said...

Hello Karen, I love all your critters, the real ones, the stuffed one and the pretty carved critters. They are all beautiful. It has been a long time since I went ice-skating. Love the quote, photos and post. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend!

Elephant's Child said...

Love your Words for Wednesday.
And can't go past the cooling balm your snowy images provide. We are going to be hot again today. Very hot. So hot that some roads melted yesterday. Winter can't come back again soon enough for me.

Debbie said...

i am happy too, that the deer were safe!! i remember the ice skating chairs, that's a great way to learn!!!

Lowell said...

The deer are beautiful creatures. And I enjoyed my first visit to your blog, having lived for some years in Minnesota and Minneapolis specifically. Those skating shots remind me of my childhood and many grand times on the ice - cold times, though! :)

My wife lived in St. Louis Park and I attended Minnehaha Academy and the Univ. of Minnesota.

Happy New Year to you and your family.

Sandi said...

Love how the little one in the purple coat is striking a pose in the kitchen! :)

Revrunner said...

I saw some deer in their winter coats yesterday on my way down to the falls.

RedPat said...

This brings back memories of skating until the toes were totally numb and then the awful pain when they start to thaw out!

21 Wits said...

Hello Lowell, and thank you for stopping in to visit and say hello!

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

I'm partial to teddy bears. I guess those miniature humans are cute too.

Jenny Woolf said...

So wish I'd learned to ice skate as a kid. Falling over was nothing in those days. My parents didn't think of things like that, somehow.
Happy new year to you!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

You watch out for deer on the road and we watch out for kangaroos 😀 Super winter scenes Karen, I like them as much as you appreciate my blue skies 😊

Cindi said...

I am so happy that you joined us this week! We must connect sometime when we head south for a Costco run. My husband was Florida-born but grew up in Alabama for most of his life until he met me and I dragged him around before heading north to the land of snow and ice-fishing. Whenever someone hears him speak, they look at him quizzically and ask him what on earth is he doing this far north. He just shakes his head and points to me. I love your use of the prompts!